Saturday, September 5, 2026

GO SLOW

I was diagnosed with Orthostatic Hypotension three weeks agoI had been struggling with shortness of breath and lightheadedness for several weeks priorOnce I received the diagnosis, my doctor gave me instructions regarding the benefit of moving slowly which can prevent those symptoms.

I am, bit by bit, getting stronger, but it is happening very slowlyI did not know what my future would be or if I could live my life my way again.  Yes, this has definitely changed how I am doing activities, but talking with my doctor today, she most definitely gave me hope.  My emotions are in a much better placeI have reached out to my support network and updated them, which also gives me peaceThank you to my doctor, my family and friends; as I am never alone.


GO SLOW


I have been slowly getting stronger

since being diagnosed one month ago;

resulting in low blood pressure symptoms

from any hardy exertion.


Listening to my doctor and reading research,

the key word to it all is “slow down!”

Slow isn’t a natural movement for me,

so, I continue to say inside, “Go slow”.


I’ve been on blood pressure medication for years,

but due to this condition, I no longer need them.

I take my blood pressure each morning

with the results always being normal.


I have been grieving my future

as truly did not know what it would be;

but talking with my doctor today,

she so actively gave me hope.


“You are a very healthy person

and I see you slowly improving

to live a long and active life.

Just always remember to;

                         Go slow”.




No comments:

Post a Comment