Saturday, September 26, 2026

NEW JOURNEY

I, without any awareness, thought I would be able to continue to do hospice Social Work for many more years.  Suddenly, this new diagnosis came along and changed those plans.  I have been processing all of this, but it is so different on the other side of the fence.  What I so strongly am aware of is my wonderful support from family and friends.  In the end, I am so deeply aware of the importance of that support.  Whatever comes along the way, I will be able to handle it, hopefully, with my wonderful and amazing support.  Thank you to each and every one of you.


NEW JOURNEY

 

I have been so remarkably blessed this life;
following my dream; fulfilling my passion
as a medical social worker
                         for over thirty-six years.
 
Two months ago, my life suddenly changed.
A diagnosis with no treatment and no cure.
With any exertion, my blood pressure will drop
leaving me short of breath and lightheaded.
 
My future looks great, according to my doctor,
as she positively stated to me,
“You can have a long and healthy life.
                         Just go slow!!”
 
I still grieve my loss of hospice,
but am so strongly aware of the importance
of my very supportive family and friends.
They all understand me and listen beautifully.
 
I am back to walking my two miles daily;
some days I may walk it even twice.
I am meeting friends for lunch weekly;
appreciating their support and unconditional love.
 
Phone calls give such a strong connection;
while texting tells me that so many care.
I am a Clinical Supervisor for two Social Workers,
so, amazingly, my fingers are still in the pot.
 
Yes, my life experiences have suddenly changed,
but I continue to receive and return unconditional love.
I am still surrounded by the best that there is
so, I say, “Welcome and continue to guide me as I go;
I am forever thankful and so gracious to embrace
                         this new journey.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment