“Jennie’s” grandparents are both critically ill. Grandpa has respiratory failure while grandma has Lung Cancer. Jennie is thirty years old and very mature for her age. She tells her truth as is realistic regarding her grandparents’ symptoms and prognosis. This is a very large family who are all so supportive to their grandparents and to each other. Love will get them through. I wish Jennie and her family the best for sure.
GRANDPA AND GRANDMA
She is the caregiver for her grandpa
ever since he has been so sick.
He is now extremely weak and
lethargic;
no longer getting out of bed.
as all in our family love him so.
Grandma is also very sick with cancer.
She, too, is so ready for it to be over”.
“I don’t want them to give up.
I want them to fight to get better.”
I shared with her; “It is not giving up;
it is knowing when to let go”.
When asked what helps her cope, she said,
“I cry as am very emotional.
We had plans, and I truly know,
they will always be around.”
“I will always respect my grandparent’s wishes,
but I am not yet ready to say goodbye.
I strongly believe in God and the afterlife
and so deeply know and embrace,
both will forever, spiritually and always
be here”.
No comments:
Post a Comment