I have been blessed as have always been surrounded by a
loving family and wonderful friends. I was a tomboy as a kid and surrounded myself
with friends who loved sports. I knew
there were a few friends with whom I was more relaxed and comfortable with, but
I enjoyed playing sports with them all.
As I have
aged, I want to be with folks who are relaxing and easy to be with. I have
always felt so blessed to have such tremendous support. Now that I am retired, I am beautifully able
to spend more time with those in my life.
In the end, there is nothing better than having supportive family members
around along with caring friends. It
makes it natural to receive and easily give all to each other. Life
then easily flows with not much work at all.
FRIENDS
As a youth, one usually had many “friends”;
but did we even know what that meant?
I was typically surrounded by others
doing sports, riding bikes, playing games.
As I have aged, my definition of a friend has become clearer.
I want to be surrounded by those who love me unconditionally
and who actively listens to me because they deeply care.
I will then easily and happily be able to offer the same to them.
I have always cherished and appreciated being surrounded
by my beautiful family and my amazing friends.
Being retired, I now have more time to spend with them
which I naturally see as a treasured gift for us all.
I am now able to meet up with girlfriends for lunch;
while now and then at dinner time too.
There is laughter; there is joy;
and always unconditional love.
It also can be fun
being with acquaintances
or folks with common and familiar interests;
but, in the end, there is simply nothing better than family and
a loving and supportive
girlfriend.
but did we even know what that meant?
I was typically surrounded by others
doing sports, riding bikes, playing games.
I want to be surrounded by those who love me unconditionally
and who actively listens to me because they deeply care.
I will then easily and happily be able to offer the same to them.
by my beautiful family and my amazing friends.
Being retired, I now have more time to spend with them
which I naturally see as a treasured gift for us all.
while now and then at dinner time too.
There is laughter; there is joy;
and always unconditional love.
or folks with common and familiar interests;
but, in the end, there is simply nothing better than family and
a loving and supportive
girlfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment